A private address is a value strictly associated with the user account. It consists of:
- 1.a random value called a diversifier
- 2.a diversified public key derived from the diversifier using the spending key.
The note is created by the asset sender. A note and its hash are placed in the transaction.
A note is a tuple
- (10 bytes) is a diversifier (a random value generated by a note owner)
- (32 bytes) is a diversified public key (a value derived from theand intermediate key)
- (8 bytes) is the note balance (an asset amount transferred by this note)
- (10 bytes) is a salt. Since the transaction contains note hashes we must use a random salt to hide notes with the same owners and balances.
The raw note size is 60 bytes.
Due to the private nature of transactions, all notes are encrypted. They can be decrypted by the sender or receiver (note owner) only.