Comment on page
Compliance & Security
zkBob should not be used for any illegitimate or criminal activity nor supported by the direct or indirect proceeds of criminal or fraudulent activity. It should not be used in any way that violates any laws in the jurisdiction of the user.
Politically exposed individuals or associates of those individuals are not permitted to use the application under existing laws.
Prior to using zkBob, a user must acknowledge and accept the following terms:
- If acting as an individual you are of legal age (as applicable in the jurisdiction where you live).
- You are not a politically exposed person, that is, a person who is entrusted with any prominent public function, or a politically exposed person who has stepped down from that role.
- You are not an immediate family member or close associate of a politically exposed person or a politically exposed person who has stepped down.
- You are not engaged in money laundering or the financing of terrorism.
- Your access to the application does not violate any rule, law, regulation or directive of the country of your residence and the jurisdiction in which you reside.
- You have not been arrested or convicted of any offence or crime.
- You are willing to provide and verify your identity upon request.
- Use of zkBob is at the sole risk of the user.
- The code repository, decentralized and autonomous protocol and environment, and associated decentralized networks are open-source and not controlled by any team.
- zkBob contributors are not responsible for any losses or damages associated with inherent risks associated with cryptography, blockchain, or digital wallet usage.
- The user agrees not to access zkBob using any technology for the purposes of circumventing location-based restrictions.
- Users are responsible for reporting and paying any applicable taxes associated with usage.
- Users acknowledge that addresses may be blocked from using the protocol if they are sanctioned or added to a block list.
The zkBob application is in Beta with minimal restrictions enabled. Users must take responsibility to abide by local, state, and federal laws. Please check and confirm prior to usage.
zkBob usage is currently restricted in several jurisdictions:
- United Arab Emirates (UAE): Users in the UAE are programmatically restricted from using zkBob due to Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority (VARA) policies which prohibit anonymity-enhanced transactions.
- United States (US): Users in the US are restricted from zkBob due to uncertainty around the proposed rulemaking (NPRM) restrictions, pursuant to section 311 of the USA PATRIOT Act. This is a proactive measure to protect users until these rules are clarified.
An integration with TRM and potential future integrations with VAF Compliance and PureFi ensure 0x wallets interacting with the protocol do not contain funds obtained from illicit sources. Suspicious wallets cannot deposit into the protocol, and funds cannont be withdrawn to suspicious wallets.
Bounties are one of the most important tools for testing and enhancing application and contract security. We are in the planning phases to implement a bug bounty to help protect users and their funds.