zkBob is Multichain
zkBob is Multichain for several reasons.
zkBob has been in research and development since December 2020. The original concept was initiated by members of the now defunct xDai research group and the ZeroPool team. Chains with robust infrastructure led contributors to select Polygon and then Optimism for deployment.
- December 2020: R&D initiated.
- June 2021: Prototyping and ongoing contract development on xDai.
- December 2021: New contributors improve contracts, implement applications, prepare Kovan deployment.
- March 2022: Testing, bug fixing, protocol updates and enhancements.
- August 2022: Prep for beta launch and trusted ceremony, select Polygon for initial deployment.
- April 2023: Second deployment on Optimism, making zkBob a multichain app.
Chains with a mature and robust infrastructure support the needs of the zkBob application. Prerequisites for zkBob include:
- Uniswap v3
- Native USDC implementation
Polygon and Optimism both support these applications and are committed to protecting privacy and neutrality for the Ethereum ecosystem. Future governance decisions may create additional deployments in other on-chain environments in the future.